I had the idea to build this by myself. Learning and creating was the main reason. Also to have a service which can be self hosted and run everywhere without the need to be in the internet.
This is no project to be an alternative nor to be better, just something everyone can use and learn something new by creating it.
selfpaste is a self hosting paste service. Your enviroment and your data. Nothing more.
It is not the aim to replace any other well know paste service. It is an experiment and build for private use only.
This tool uses PHP fileinfo
The functions in this module try to guess the content type and encoding of a file by looking for certain magic byte sequences at specific positions within the file. While this is not a bullet proof approach the heuristics used do a very good job.
It is not really bulletproof, but it does the job. Everything can be manipulated to look alike something it isn’t.
So, here is a friendly REMINDER:
- Use at own risk.
- Don’t open it up to the public
- Check regularly what is added
- Clean everything what you do not know
- You provide the service by hosting it. Your are responsible for it!
- Change your secret often.
News and updates
Latest news and updates about this project can be found here.
Important stuff will be added to this page.
- self hosted
- short url concept based on the famous base64-shortlinks
- lifetime management
- client authentication
- bash, c, c on windows and a web-client
- focus ony doing its jop and nothing more
- 1.3 - Nitrogen - (2021-03-21), Checksum md5, sha1
- 1.2 - Carbon - (2020-08-14), Checksum md5, sha1
- 1.1 - Boron - (2020-05-30), Checksum md5, sha1
- 1.0 - Beryllium - (2020-04-26), Checksum md5, sha1
- 0.3-beta - Lithium - (2020-01-01), Checksum md5, sha1
- 0.2-beta - Helium - (2019-12-23), Checksum md5, sha1
Lastest documentation can be found in each release and here
PHP >=7.3 Apache >= 2.4 with mod_deflate, mod_rewrite htaccess support AllowOverride All Bash, curl and jq for included bash client
- Unpack and move everything in the webroot folder to a webaccessable folder into your webserver.
- Rename config.default.php t config.php.
- Open config.php, read the comments and make your changes.
- For more information about some config settings read the seperate documentation file for this setting.
- Folder logs and pasties need t be writeable by webserver process / owner
- Change date_default_timezone_set in index.php if your timezone is different to Europe/Berlin
This project is using the COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE (CDDL) Version 1.0
202100321 version 1.3 Nitrogen * Added new default allowed file types * Cleanups 20200530 version 1.1 Boron * House cleaning * Added a simple web client * Cleaned up the linux client written in c. See README for more details * Added a windows C client based on the linux version. See README for more details 20200426 version 1.0 Beryllium * final 1.0 working version * added perl as default allowed file * added shellscript to the default allowed files * added html and js to the default allowed files * added C source files to the default allowed files * added an example cronjob file which can be used to clean old pastes. See clean-cronjob.txt for more details * Multiple secrets are now supported * added a c client which can be build with the makefile 2020101 version 0.3-beta Lithium * Update information now included * Rewritten lifetime calculation * Ready for 2020 * Lifetime in days now and not in seconds 20191223 version 0.2-beta Helium * First public beta release * Using https://www.jwz.org/base64-shortlinks/ more correctly * Simple flood protection * Lifetime for each paste. * Deletion of paste older than lifetime 20191221 version 0.1 Hydrogen * Initial creation. Not polished yet. * Basic functions working. * No release yet